Hey everyone!!
Another week has gone by and only a few left until the writing class is over. We had to do an outline and a thesis for this weeks assigment. It was more difficlut writing my outline/thesis than my paper because i have so much info i want to add but i needed to narrow down the importance of the paper. In my eyes, everything in my paper is important-lol; i just want to be able to do a good job on this; the topic i chose-cosmetic surgery- has a lot of info; After researching this info it quickly changed my mind of ever having one (cons). I was watching a program on a little girl from Haiti who at the age of 3 years old was growing a tumor on her face; by the time she was 12 the tumor weighed 12 pounds covering her entire face, affecting her sight, breathing, and eating; at the time of the show aired three years ago she underwent 5 surgeries to remove the tumor and try to reconstruct her face as she had no bone to add from; everything had to be wired or add artificially just so she had some type of shape to her face. Although the program i watched was recorded in 2009 she was then 17, back im Miami for her 6th surgery to reconstruct her jaw. her appearance was coming along. She ia at the age where she now thinks about ever getting married or a boyfriend as she very conscious on how she will appear to the male prospect. She has to have many more sugeries in her future. Im not sure whats going on with her now since the earthwuake in Haiti in 2010. i pray that she and her family are okay. i guess i will have to stay tune to see....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

In my comp 1 course I wrote a paper on ethics and morality of cosmetic surgery. It was an interesting topic. I am sure you're finding a lot of fun facts. I semi recall watching that documentary, at aleast some of it. I don't think I could ever alter my appearance... I am sure everyone has things they don't like about how they look, but if you change them then it is nolonger you. Anyways, good luck writing your paper, I am sure you will do a great job.
ReplyDelete